There are several types of dentures, and each has been designed according to the different needs of each patient. Thus, a person who has an affected tooth does not need the same prosthesis having has damaged teeth.
The types of dentures frequently used can be divided into three: fixed, removable and dental implants. Each has its own characteristics, which we list below to know them better
Are completely tooth-borne, or what is the same, they rely exclusively on teeth.
They are made of porcelain zirconium metal or porcelain pure porcelain
Procedure: The dentist teeth size to be used as support (called abutment teeth) and will be located at the ends of each area that has no teeth, where will cemented. These are called dental crown when restoring a retail charge, or dental bridge when what they do is replace the absence of one or more teeth.
Removable dentures, which in turn can be divided into two groups:
Metal removable prosthesis
- They also known as skeletal, are actually partial dentures, which means they are clamped in teeth
- They are used when the patient still has some natural teeth
- Removable acrylic or full dentures
Popularly called “dentures”.
- They are used when the patient no longer has any teeth
- They are made of resinal
- They are completely tissue-borne, since there are no natural teeth for clamping
Prosthesis on dental implants
Require prior surgery implantology
- The implant prostheses are usually fixed, but can also be removable
- They are the most recommended treatment due to its functionality, reliability and durability
- As already mentioned, each of these types of prosthesis is designed in different types of needs, but at the end of the day should be your dentist who determine which of all is the best choice for you.
MORE ARTICLES YOU MAY LIKE
Even with insurance, many people find that dental quality and medical care is not affordable in the United States. With high deductibles and poor coverage, families are traveling out of the country to have costly procedures like endodontics, prosthetics and oral...
Dental Work services play an important role in heath tourism as as they are one of the most demanded by health tourists in Tijuana. Tijuana is an important destination for travelers looking for professional dental services at very attractive prices.
Many dentists recommend Teeth Removed impacted teeth that are only partially erupted. Bacteria can enter around teeth and can cause an infection which can spread to the bone and become extremely serious disorder